Sunday, June 21, 2009

Cleveland

Cleveland, OH - Known to us as the deserted city. There was absolutely no one there - it was amazing. We got there at 9:30am and the clouds were hanging on the top of the buildings. It's really a clean city and the waterfront is very nice. But there just seemed to be no one in the city. The weather cleared and turned into a beautiful day.

We walked from 9:30am until 4pm - Roger stayed in the Rock & Roll Hall of fame and after 2 hours there the girls and I walked down to the airport and saw the Women's Air and Space Museum - which really turned out to just be in the local small plane airport.

Roger overall was disappointed in the R&R Hall. It was more on the early years than the 60s when he was interested in it. But he did enjoy it - just that one day was enough for him.

The town had transient people that were more aggressive than NYC - or maybe because this was unexpected. The city was good to walk through. So far, so good - we're having a great time.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry the R&R HOF was a disappointment. I always wanted to go there but wasn't sure if there would be enough in it for me being that most of the bands I like either won't be inducted or aren't eligible for induction yet. Dad, I got the Wire in the mail and watched the first episode. Thanks a lot. It was very thoughtful of you and a great, unexpected surprise. Safe travels and Cincinnati and Columbus were both deserted as well. Very strange state but I guess that is the Midwest for you. Happy Father's Day.

    ReplyDelete